Gravity Rush is a PlayStation Vita exclusive open world action RPG directed by Keiichiro Toyama and written by Naoko Sato - both known for their work on Siren and the first Silent Hill. It’s like Hayao Miyazaki, Solatorobo, inFAMOUS, and Crackdown had a baby. It’s also by far the best looking and most innovative game on the Vita and one of the best games of the year.
- Gorgeous art direction, level design, and character designs bursting with charm and personality.
- Intriguing story filled with a memorable cast of characters that are sure to spawn countless works of fanart, cosplay, tattoos, etc.
- Massive open world that you’ll want to explore even after the credits roll.
- Some of the later levels are beautifully trippy and have a clever puzzle element to them. They’re so awesome that you’ll probably wish more of the game was like this.
- Combat is often clunky.
- Whack load times.
- Abrupt ending that doesn’t really sum anything up.